Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have almost reached the end of a fairly low key weekend. We got out and went to lunch on Saturday, but we were pretty much DONE after that.

We went home and took a nap then we spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside on the swingset and the trampoline. We played a few games of Hide and Seek, had a couple foot races, and played (probably my least favorite game ever) I Spy.

Then on Sunday morning, we went to Sunday School. We had three pretty girls in our class. We were missing some of our friends!

I had planned to make popsicle stick houses. The kind that is flat on paper, not three dimensional. But when I got there this morning, that seemed way too difficult. That happens to me a lot. I look at my bucket of supplies and go "What on earth was I thinking?!?". Sometimes I have to remember that these kids are just three and whatever craft I choose will be mostly completed by me.

So this morning we did some Easter stamping and some sticker fun. The kids loved it. It was easy and fun.

After church we went over to Nanny and Poppa's for lunch. We had fried chicken and it was sooooo good! Can't beat home cooking.

On the way home, we stopped by Home Depot to get a pair of loppers and a hand saw. Last week, we had a company come out and brush hog our place. When they were done, it looked great but it just highlighted for me how many little cedar trees had sprouted up everywhere!

So when we got home, Emily and I took our new tools and cut down a bunch of the little cedar trees and some other little trees. (Dad and Noah stayed inside so that Noah could take a nap.) We found two little birds nests, which thrilled Emily to no end. She said she wants to take them to school for Show And Tell next week. I think that is an excellent idea.

We also found a pecan tree that we did not know that we had. I was chopping down some cedar trees under this big tree and I noticed a bunch of pecans on the ground. That will be exciting when we can go out there and pick up pecans to eat.

This was one day that I wished we had a truck. We could have driven around and gathered up all those little trees that I cut down and hauled them off. I left them all out there for now, but I know I will have to go back out there and gather them up eventually. Oh well. It's good exercise if nothing else.

So that was our weekend. It was nice to be a little less busy for a change. It gave us a chance to get some things ready for this work week.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend as well!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...