Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where We've Been And Where We're Going

Have you noticed that the blog has been silent for a "few days"?

We have been extremely busy. This weekend was the city-wide garage sale weekend where we live. We went in with Mike's family to put on a garage sale at Mike's parents house. Well, they did most of the work, but I contributed some things to the sale.

Mike and I have been gathering up things for the garage sale for the last several weeks. One night last week, Mike's dad and brother came out to get a couple loads of the big things. I was so tired that I felt like I was done gathering up my sale items. But then I went to help at the sale on Friday afternoon and they were selling a lot of baby and kids clothes and toys. And I knew that Emily had lots of clothes stored in her closet that no longer fit. So Friday night I went home and gathered up 5 bags of clothes and shoes to take to the sale. And then I was pretty sure I was done.

On Saturday, we set up a table with my kids clothes on it and we sold lots and lots of them! I was so excited that I decided to go into Emily's room and look at the clothes hanging in her closet to see what might be too small. And I ended up dragging out another 3 bags of clothes. I had no idea I had that much stuff in Emily's closet, but I did. If I had more time and was not so worn out, I would have gotten out some of Emily's old toys too. But I was bone tired.

Today after church, we opened up the garage for a few more hours. I put out my three bags of clothes and we moved some of the larger items out closer to the street. We did not have a lot of traffic, but we did sell some items.

Overall, I think we had a great sale and I am soooo glad that I moved out so many things. It will be a huge help when baby gets here in a few months.

And to top off a great weekend, Emily sang in the church choir spring program tonight. Her class sang four songs and they did a GREAT job. Madison and Sarah were also in the program and they did really good too. They both had big roles and it was wonderful to watch!

So that's where we've been, but where are we going?

Hopefully things will be slowing down for us this week because I could sure use the rest! But I do have my 25-week doctor's appointment this week. This is the one where I do my glucose tolerance test and I am not looking forward to it! This is the one hour test and I'm not supposed to eat before I go in. The nurse said to have nothing to eat 6 hours before the test, but the lab technician said to fast for 12 hours if I want to avoid the 3-hour glucose test. (She wants to help me avoid that because it is not easy to get blood out of me and she sure doesn't want to have to stick me three times in one day.


All that's fine except that my appointment is not until 1:30pm. I am already cranky about how much I will be starving by 1:30pm. I'm thinking there is no way I can avoid eat something that morning. I'm thinking I can get up early and eat something that is low in sugar/carbs. Do you have any ideas on something I could eat for breakfast that morning?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I heard eggs are ok to eat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...