Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

What a wonderful Mother's Day I have had!

This morning, it looked like we were going to get rained out, but the rain only lasted for a few minutes. Then we headed off to Sunday School. Cherry and I had some cute things planned for our SS kids to do for Mother's Day. Well, most of it was already done. And Cherry did most of it. But I think their mothers will be very happy.

After church, we went to lunch with Mike's family. The place was packed, but we got there early and didn't have to wait long. Mike's mom was excited about her gift - a large framed picture of the grandkids. The picture was from our Easter/Spring photos a few weeks ago. I think it turned out really cute and I'm glad she liked it.

After lunch, we went back home to take a nap. I think I'm the only one who actually took a nap, but I did take a long one. And it felt GOOD. Well, except for one little part.

When I got into bed, the sheet was sorta stuck down in the bed (because you KNOW I didn't make my bed when I got out of it this morning.) So I tugged on it to get it pulled up. And I ended up punching myself in the mouth with my fist. Got a nice fat lip out of the deal. Very classy look, I might add.

It was so nice to have a relaxing day. We had been so busy lately. It's been hard to keep up with all the little chores around the house ... like laundry. I can't say that I did great job of getting things done today, but there is always tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. Or sometime soon. Relatively soon.

In Other News ...

  • We had a grand time yesterday in Tulsa for Miss Brynlee's first birthday party. Brynlee was so cute. The food was delicious. And Emily had a great time playing with all the kids. My ankles swelled quite a bit and I was sooo tired when we got home, but it was a lot of fun.

  • I failed my one-hour glucose test last week. Total fail. Boo! So I have to do the three-hour (three-blood draw) test this week. So. Not. Fun.

  • Emily only had about two weeks of school left. This week, she has to bring snacks for her class for the last time this year. It's also a day to celebrate her summer birthday. I was thinking we could stop by our favorite bakery and pick up some iced sugar cookies. And maybe one .. or two .. for baby and mommy. But Emily wanted to pick something else. So she's taking pre-packaged cookies from the grocery store.

  • Cubbies is done for this year. Very happy about this. Wednesday we'll be able to relax instead of running all around town. I'll miss my Wednesday night date with Mike though.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day this year. I can't wait until next year when I'll be a mom of two. *squeal!* So fun! I think that almost makes up for the three-hour glucose test that I have to take this week. I just have this feeling that I'll pass the three-hour glucose test just fine. Sorta makes me want to call the doctor's office and say "ya know what? I don't feel like doing a three hour test this time so I think I'm just gonna pass. See you soon." What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...