Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bell's Palsy - Day 4 - My Birthday

My 4th day with Bell's Palsy happened to be my 35th birthday.  That was really difficult to think about - knowing that I was so early into this diagnosis and an unknown time to go.  I think that is one thing to at makes Bell's Palsy so difficult. You just don't know what to expect or how long it will last.

I had been reading online to see how other people with Bell's Palsy were managing all the day to day aspects of their life. One of the things I was concerned about was how I would be able to drive with my eyes hurting and so blurry.  But I had a hair appointment this afternoon that I did not want to miss.  I made it to my appointment and back home okay, but it was definitely not easy. I felt like I had to keep a finger on the corner of my left eye so that I could blink it manually when it started to get too blurry.

This was also the first time I'd been out in public by myself with Bell's Palsy.  I felt like everyone was looking at me and wondering what was wrong with me.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted.  We ran over to Sonic to pick up some supper for my birthday.  I decided to wear my pirate patch to give my eye a break.

After supper, we came home and ate some cake and I got to open my presents.

Even with Bell's Palsy, it was a good birthday.



Smiling cause it's my birthday. 
(Alternate title -  Argh! A pirate!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...