Monday, July 12, 2010

Nursery Preview And More Updates

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant. Noah will be here in a little over 3 weeks (or less!)

We have been working on Noah's room for several weeks and I just love how it is turning out.

I wanted to share a few pictures of the progress we have made.

But, this internet connection is very slow and it takes a long time to upload pictures to the blog. So in the meantime, I may as well share some of the other things that have been going on.
  • On 4th of July weekend, Mike's family threw a baby shower for us. It was a combined Independence Day celebration and baby shower. Emily was SO excited, but it was mostly because she wanted to go swimming. Unfortunately, it rained that day. But the party went on. I have pictures and more details to share in a day or two.

  • Last week, Emily had her 5-year-old checkup at the doctor's office. She was 41 lbs and 44 inches tall. She was in the 75th percentile in height (wow) and the 50th percentile in weight. She got two "pinches in the arm" and did not even cry. She was so brave!

  • That same day, we had an ultrasound appointment for Noah. After waiting over an hour in the waiting room, we finally got called back for our ultrasound. (I was SO hungry.) Noah looked good. He was measuring on track for 34 weeks and he was estimated to be 5lbs, 5ozs at the time. We did not get any really clear 3D ultrasound pics, but that is okay. We will see him live and in person very soon.

  • This weekend, my mom came up to visit for a few days. She brought Emily's birthday present - a trampoline!! Emily loves it and we have been out to jump on it every night. Well, Emily has jumped on it. It's "No Adults Allowed" although I would love to jump too. We have been very fortunate to have some less hot evenings the last few nights. Otherwise, it would be difficult for me to sit out there and watch her. Mom and Mike put the trampoline together and put the anchors in the ground. They did some small projects in Noah's room too this weekend.


  • I have a doctor's appointment with my ob/gyn in the morning. We'll start going to the doctor every week from here on out. I'm hoping for a good report and no blood draws needed. Ha!

So here are a few pictures of Noah's room. This is still a work in process, but I am so excited to share it with you.

Noah's ark themed crib bedding






A closer shot of the "mural" on the wall behind the crib.





Two-by-two animal pairs on the wall above the twin bed.

Closer shot of some of the animals.




And the elephants on the other wall. These are the ones I can see through the doorway from another room and I just love that.




The diaper cake from the baby shower the other week. It is just a-dor-a-ble!!!! It could not be more perfect.
Daddy and baby giraffes. Emily fixed these up and put the red white and blue lei on them.



Noah's ark clock, Noah's ark lamp, and diaper stacker. Yes, even a half-packed diaper bag hanging on the door knob. Mike is worried that we may need it. He would be happy if I would just start packing my own bag as well.



I am missing a picture of the window treatments and the shelves. The shelves are mostly empty for now, but they will fill up over time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...