Saturday, January 22, 2011

Completed Kindergarten Homework

Emily and I wanted to show you her completed homework assignment. She was supposed to put 100 items on her shirt for the 100th day of school.

We went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon to find 100 items for our project. Emily said she wanted sparkles on her shirt. And I think we found the perfect thing.

Here is our 100th day shirt with 100 jewels on it. What do you think?




Emily and I laid out the design on the shirt. We counted and recounted. Then I hot glued 100 jewels on the shirt.

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I kept burning my fingers with the hot glue gun. I figured out pretty quickly that I needed to get the hot glue all the way to the edges of the jewels in order to get them attached securely. But that is when I started burning myself. It was really a no-win situation. But that's just one more thing I will gladly do for my kids.

I hope Emily is pleased with her 100th day shirt and enjoys wearing it to school next week.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it.
Nanny

Heather said...

I'm liking the sparkly shirt and the side pony. I bet she has some sparkly shoes that would go great with that shirt too!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

I liked the side ponytail too. But when I put her hair up like that, you would have thought I was killing her! She was just screaming and crying. I thought she was gonna pull it out but she didn't. I told her that I remembered Aunt Heather wearing her hair in a side ponytail when she was younger.

Emily did eventually decide that she liked the look. Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...