Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

I'm sorry for my long absence from the blog.  It seemed liked the Christmas season just went by so quickly this year.  It seems like we put up the Christmas tree one day and Christmas was over the next day.  I hardly had time to finish all my Christmas shopping much less do all the wrapping and organizing.

We are so fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends around us.  We were all off work on Christmas Eve so we got to together with Mike's family early in the day to do Christmas.  Then in the evening we went to the candlelight service at church where Sarah was baptized.  It was soooooooo sweet and such a special time. 

I will admit that there were several times during the candlelight service that I could feel myself getting a little choked up.  All during the Christmas season, I kept thinking about last year when we were newly pregnant and not sure if the baby would make it.  And now we are so blessed to have sweet Noah as a part of our family.  We are so thankful that we got our happy ending. 

I must apologize - I did a terrible job of taking pictures this year.  I did manage to get a few pictures on Christmas morning.  But it just felt like I could not get all my stuff together this year.

So here's our Christmas, in pictures.



Santa came.  He brought lots of presents.  See that big pink three-story Barbie doll house?  He brought that on his sleigh too!



And see the baby walker?  He brought that too.  Looks like fun, doesn't it? And TWO stockings this year.  Nuff said (See comments above - we are so thankful!)

On Christmas morning, Daddy woke up super early!  He was so excited that Santa came.  I was excited too, but I needed a little more sleep first.  The kids were both tired so they slept in a little bit.  At the first noise from either of them, we went and got them up.  "Santa came!"


Emily was so excited about all her gifts.  The Barbie doll house was a big hit, but so were the games.  She is at an age where she really likes to play games.  I need to get better at playing games with her.


Noah was pretty excited about his toys too.  He sat in his walker for several minutes while we opened presents.  He was sure watching something intently in this picture.



After we opened presents, we ate sausage balls for breakfast.  That has been a tradition at our house for several years and we are never disappointed.  We had such a good time.  It is so fun to see the excitement on the kids faces.  To me, that is priceless!!


The kids and I went down to Arkansas to spend time with my side of the family during the week between Christmas and New Years.  I didn't get any pictures, but we had a great time.  The rest of the family came down on Thursday night and we had Christmas Friday morning.  We got to do a little fishing and a little playing.  We had a good time.  It is always nice to go down there and just slow down and enjoy ourselves for a few days.

All that fun and now Christmas is over.  And all that's left is the cleanup.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...