Sunday, March 21, 2010

How much snow?

On Friday night after work, Mike and Emily and I went to Wal-mart to get a few things that we needed - like milk and ice cream. The parking lot was completely packed, but we drove up and got the spot closest to the door. A lady stopped us as we were getting out of the car and asked if we needed a buggy because there were none inside. She was right and we were very thankful to have a buggy to use.

So we wade through the packed store and get a few things that we needed. While we were in there, a line of heavy showers came through. We could hear it hammering on the roof.

But then we had to stand in line for over 30 minutes just to check out. And when we get to the check stand, Mike starts up a conversation with the Chatty Cathy Checker dude. The guy would scan a few things, look at Mike and talk, and then bag a few things .. and over and over again. I started to poke Mike, but I figured we'd be out of there in a few minutes anyway and then someone else would have to deal with Chatty.

After we left Wal-mart, we stopped by the new Braums to get an ice cream. I ordered a small frozen yogurt twist. I think they gave me a large. Either way, I ate every bit of it. Yum!

On the way home, Mike and I were talking about how we were forecasted to get 6 to 12 inches. I told Mike that I thought we'd only get 2 inches or less. I was fairly confident in that so I made him a bet that we'd get 0 to 2 inches. If I was wrong, I'd treat him to a steak dinner of his choosing. He said he felt like we would get 4 to 6 inches of snow. And if he was wrong, he'd treat me to an ice cream treat of my choosing.

So really, how much?

So, we stayed home all day Saturday waiting for the snow. When we woke up, it was definitely snowing. And it snowed off and on most of the day. But we only got a couple inches on the ground. I have not heard an official snow total so I don't know who won yet, but I'm feeling really good about this one.

After our (long) naps, Emily helped me make some strawberry cupcakes. We were going to make chocolate sheet cake cupcakes and the best ever icing, but we didn't have any buttermilk. Luckily, I had the strawberry cupcake mix and the can of pink icing. Emily and I had a great time baking. She is a great helper.


And Today ...

And today, most of the snow is melted and gone. We stayed home most of the day today as well, but we did get out to go to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. Emily actually suggested it and I thought it was a great idea. If you must know, she loves loves loves the loaded sweet potatoes at Roadhouse. Well, I think she mostly loves the marshmallows. *wink*

When we got home, we spent some time working on cleaning out our home office that may be our new baby boy nursery. I am so excited. We should find out if we'll be using that room as a nursery in about a week.

Either way, we have a lot of work to do in that room to get it back in shape. It's been a long time since we've used it as anything but a storage room. But I'm feeling good about the progress we made today. I think we know what we have to do to get it done.

Well, Emily's spring break is over and she'll be going back to school in the morning. I know she is excited to see her friends. Although we're sad that our relaxed week is ending, we'll be glad to get back to the routine. In just a few short weeks, the school year will be over and we'll be preparing for Kindergarten. *Phewww!*

Hope you all have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...