Saturday, March 20, 2010

It Smells So Good

I'm just going to put it all out there right now - it smells so good in my house.

As you may know, we were forecasted to get 6-12 inches of snow today. Today - on the first day of spring. Great news!

When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed my beautiful yellow daffodils happily waving in the 70 degree weather. I couldn't let them freeze to death under all the snow. They were so beautiful and such a welcome sign of spring.


They were blooming in the middle of the circle drive, around the tree in the front yard, a couple in the flowerbed by the front windows, and in the big raised bed at the end of the house.

But now they are shining brightly in my living room. I picked about half the blooms and put them in a vase and brought them inside.

Emily noticed them right away and had a hard time keeping her hands off of them. They smell so sweet. We have been enjoying them all day today while it snows outside.


We looked outside to see what happened to the ones still growing outside and they just looked so sad. I hope they will perk up when the snow melts, but I don't think that's going to happen.


At least we'll get to enjoy these inside for a few more days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...