Monday, March 22, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy ... or Mister Dashing

Today on my way home from work, I heard on the radio that part of westbound I-40 was narrowed down to one lane due to a 1 foot by 2 foot hole in one of the bridges. This is the same highway that I drive to work every day.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time the highway has been closed due to holes in the bridges. When you drive down the highway, it looks like a patchwork quilt with different colors and types of cement and asphalt. It's not a smooth drive at all. At ALL.

To be honest, I usually don't even think about the road as I'm driving to work and back every day. But it sure is a scary thought that the road is in such bad shape. They are putting in a new highway a few miles south of the old one, but when will it be ready for traffic? Can the old road wait long enough?

Only time will tell!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...