Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Best Meal I Ever Ate - Part 2

On Sunday, I made the best Ice Cream I ever ate. It was Coconut Cream Ice Cream.




Ingredients:

  • 2 large eggs

  • 3/4 cup sugar

  • 2 cups heavy or whipping cream

  • 1 cup milk

  • 1 can (15 oz) coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez

Whip the eggs until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar a little at a time and continue whipping until completely combined. Pour in the cream and the milk and the coconut cream and blend well.

I froze this in two batches. The ice cream freezer suggests that you only fill the container about 60% full. I did that with this recipe and it still made a full container of ice cream.

This recipe makes a very smooth and creamy ice cream. It froze very well and was just like eating premium ice cream, only better. The Coco Lopez has tiny bits of coconut in it. It's not like coconut flakes. Much smaller. So delicious.

I thought this recipe was not as sweet as some of the other recipes we have used and I liked that better. You can use this same base recipe without the coconut cream. I think next time I will make vanilla ice cream using this base recipe. Or maybe chocolate? The possibilities with this base are endless.

Everyone in my house agrees - this is the best ice cream we have ever eaten.


What is coconut cream? Where do you find it in the grocery store?

It's in the mixed drinks section. It is often used in pina coladas.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...