Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Break Adventure - Hot Springs

Our Spring Break Adventure continued Thursday with a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We did so many fun things that it's going to take several blog posts to tell you all the fun things we did on our trip.


Our first stop of the day was at Oaklawn where we ate lunch and watched the horses race. If you follow me on Instagram, I posted the first "Where are we?" from the outside viewing area at Oaklawn. If you don't follow us on Instagram, follow us here!

I will be posting more about our trip to Oaklawn later this week so be sure to check back for another post.





Next, we headed off to Garvan Woodland Gardens where the tulips were in full-bloom. This is where we posted the other "Where are we?" pictures on Instagram. They had rows and rows of tulips in every shape and color and size. It was amazing to see them all together. Doesn't the picture above look like a postcard?







We also hung out in a cave and Noah played in a waterfall. I tried to get Emily to take a selfie with me but I failed. That happens all the time.





We posted another Instagram from behind the waterfall. That was a pretty cool one.

I have approximately three hundred more pictures from Garvan Gardens that I still need to edit and upload so please come back and check later this week to see the rest of the details of our visit.



After Garvan Gardens, we were tired and hungry so we headed to Fisherman's Wharf to have supper on the water. We got a table outside and hung out while we waited for our food.

Since we were at a seafood restaurant, I got the catfish dinner with roasted red potatoes and black-eyed peas. The huge catfish filets were delicious and the potatoes were even better than that. 




Granddaddy got a steak and he said it was pretty good.  




The kids got their second cheeseburgers of the day and they both enjoyed them. Noah could eat a cheeseburger every day of his life and be pretty happy about that. 






We've had a lot of fun spending time with Grandmother and Granddaddy this week.


After supper, we headed to Kilwin's in downtown Hot Springs for a treat after a long and fun day. Emily and Noah got the Superman ice cream based solely on color. I got the butter pecan since I ordered the wrong flavor at the Walmart Museum the other day. My ice cream cone was really good. It had huge pecans in it. 

We sat on a bench beside the street to eat our ice cream. Emily was taking a picture for Instagram in the picture above. 



Next, we headed across the street to the hot springs for which the city of Hot Springs is known. The water coming up out of the ground is surprisingly hot! I know I shouldn't be surprised at that, but I was. It's supposed to have healing properties so I'm assuming I'll be as good as new by the time I wake up in the morning. I should have put my hurt foot in it! Gah! Why didn't I think of that?

Despite the lack of forethought about the foot, we had a great time in Hot Springs. I would like to go back and check out more of Hot Springs and the Lake Catherine area. It's really a beautiful area and it seems like there are a lot of things to see and do.

When can we go back?

Have you ever visited the natural hot springs in Hot Springs, Arkansas? 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...