Monday, March 5, 2018

Creamy Banana Pudding

The Best Creamy Banana Pudding Recipe

Banana Pudding Recipe with sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip

The other day, Mike requested banana pudding for dessert. I replied, "We just had banana pudding the other weekend!" He didn't care and the kids were all enthusiastically onboard with the idea too. This is one of our favorite desserts and I thought I'd share the recipe with you today. 


I normally just put the banana pudding into one serving bowl and put vanilla wafers around the top but Emily helped me serve these in our fancy parfait cups with some extra Cool Whip on top. I put the leftover banana pudding into a smaller serving bowl for another day.



 

I always make my banana pudding the lighter way with Lite Cool Whip and fat-free sweetened condensed milk. To me, it doesn't make a big difference in the taste or texture of the dessert. To me, what does make a difference is using generic pudding mix. When I have used generic pudding mix, the pudding is not as thick and creamy so, I always use Jell-O brand pudding.  



If you have any questions about this recipe, please ask in the comments and I'd be happy to help.


Yield: 8 ServingsPin it

Creamy Banana Pudding

This banana pudding is a family favorite. It's what banana pudding dreams are made of and you will not regret trying this recipe today. Your family will thank you!
prep time: 10 MINScook time: total time: 10 mins

ingredients:


  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
  • 1 1/2 cups cold water
  • 1 (3.5 ounce) Jell-O banana cream pudding mix
  • 3-4 bananas
  • 1 (11 ounce) box Vanilla Wafers

instructions


  1. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water, and pudding mix. Mix well. (I put in a bowl with a tight lid and shake to combine.) Refrigerate 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in Cool Whip.
  2. In serving bowl, layer vanilla wafers, 1/2 bananas, and 1/2 pudding. Repeat layers. Top with vanilla wafers. 
  3. Chill a few hours to overnight to let the vanilla wafers soften. 

notes

Use Lite Cool Whip if desired. Garnish with additional Cool Whip and vanilla wafers.



Don't forget to pin this recipe so that you can find it later!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...