Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fudgy Brownies

How was your Wednesday?

I was not planning to post about brownies tonight but some things you just have to share.

After Noah got home from school, he helped me whip up a pan of brownies for dessert. We'd done really well getting together all the wet ingredients and he helped me stir it all together. 


Then he was helping me read the recipe on my phone and I was getting the dry ingredients out of the cabinet for him. I'd put the flour in the bowl and was digging through the cabinet looking for the baking soda when a can of baking powder fell into the brownie bowl. The flour went all over Noah - on his shirt, on his face, in his ear!




I'm probably pretty lucky that he wasn't super mad at me since it was all my fault, but he thought it was hilarious! I recorded a little video of him for your viewing pleasure. 



Don't tell me you didn't smile while you were watching that excited little boy.


Despite all the flour we lost, we did end up getting the brownies baked up and they turned out great. They only take 30 minutes to bake so it's perfect for those busy weeknights. 


They are perfect with a tall glass of milk. We were a bit low on milk tonight though so we didn't do that. 



And I can vouch for this one  - they're also very good with a scoop of ice cream and some caramel sauce drizzled on top. Doesn't that look wonderful?





Yield: 12 pieces 

Rich, Fudgy Brownies

These brownies are so rich and fudgy that they don't require any frosting. And they are easy to make in one bowl, no mixer required. How much easier can you get?
prep time: 10 MINScook time: 30 MINStotal time: 40 mins

ingredients:


  • 6 T. cocoa powder + 1 T. oil
  • 1 c. (2 sticks) margarine
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 1 c. chopped nuts

instructions


  1. Mix cocoa and oil. Add margarine and melt in microwave.
  2. Cool slightly. Add sugar and eggs, mix well.
  3. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the chocolate mixture.
  4. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
  5. Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.


Don't forget to pin this recipe so that you can find it later!






Do you prefer brownies with icing on the top? Or do you think the icing is unnecessary? No icing for me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...