Thursday, March 22, 2018

Spring Break Adventure - Woods Place

On our way to the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources, we stopped for lunch at Woods Place in Camden, Arkansas. Woods Place is a local restaurant that is known for making everything homemade and fresh.


The inside of their restaurant was nice. The decor around our table seemed to be Grapette Soda-themed, but I don't know about the rest of the restaurant. We got there around 11:15 am so they were not busy but there was definitely a steady stream of people through the door.


As soon as we sat down, they brought out a basket of hushpuppies and bread. This photo is after we'd all had a piece of bread. The bread wasn't as delicious as my mom's monkey bread, but it wasn't half-bad if you put enough butter on it.



I ordered a half-order of the catfish filets because Woods Place is known for their catfish. I wasn't disappointed. I got fries and coleslaw as my sides. I'm not much of a french fry person, but I really liked the coleslaw. 



Granddaddy got one of the daily specials - the chicken fried steak with okra and broccoli & cheese. His plate looked really good. The kids both got cheeseburgers and Grandmother got fried chicken livers. The cheeseburgers looked big and juicy. 

Travel Guide

Would you visit here again? 

Sure, it wasn't bad. The food was good, the portions were right, and the service was good.

Travel Tips?

Menu, hours and directions can be found on their website.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...