Monday, December 22, 2008

Not Me! Monday

This weekend, I spent a lot of time doing my Christmas cooking and wrapping gifts ... in addition to celebrating my birthday. During such busy times, a few little "Not Me!'s" are inevitable. So ....
  • I did not turn 31 this past week. Ouch!
  • I did not celebrate my birthday dinner (It's supper, c'mon, we live in the south!) at Chick-Fil-A. And I do not have this bad habit of squeezing honey onto each and every bite of chicken nugget directly from the packet. And we did not get a holiday shake for dessert. (How many calories per shake, Heather?) Ummm, yeah, we don't need that at all.
  • I did not wrap some of Mike's Christmas presents while he was in the room. We did not have only a few rolls of wrapping paper between us at the time. I did not figure it wasn't such a big deal since all the gifts are stored in the same closet as his clothes. If he'd wanted to see what he was getting for Christmas, he had unlimited opportunities to do so before now.
  • I did not make waaaaay more holiday goodies than were necessary. They were not all really good. I did not just have to have one teensy piece of something before breakfast this morning. It was not really hard to choose which something to pick.
  • I am not avoiding the mention of what all I made so that I can take pictures of everything and post it on my blog in a day or two.
  • I am certainly not leaving out a few choice Not Me!'s because they are just. too. bad. to admit.

Nope, Not Me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like we have the same birthday week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I've wrapped gifts in front of the person they're for too! I figure if I don't get as bad as my mom then it's O.K. I've picked out my own gifts had them "hidden" from me then people wonder why I'm not suprised.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...