Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Feast Is On

This week in Emily's school folder, we got our "assignment" for the Thanksgiving Feast party. Yes, we were assigned a food item to bring. The paper said "1 cooked pumpkin pie".

Okay, fine, no problem. I have never made a pumpkin pie in my life, but how hard can it be? I could go the canned pumpkin route or I could use those little pumpkins that we got at the pumpkin patch the other week.

But you know these are four-year-olds we're talking about. I'm pretty sure they are not going to care much what the pumpkin pie tastes like as long as it comes with whipped topping. I may just pick up one at the grocery store. It just depends on how much time I end up with.

I usually make my homemade cracker jacks around Thanksgiving. This year, I am looking to find a new kind of popping corn to use. When we were at the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago, they were selling kettle corn. The popcorn had these huge puffy kernels. I wish I could find some corn like that for my cracker jacks.

I have not decided on anything else to fix for Thanksgiving. Note to self - maybe I should ask Mom what I need to bring. Wait, she'll read this before I even get a chance to ask. Love you Mom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...