Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Week of Traditions

This weekend, I started gathering up things to make some Thanksgiving goodies for our family gathering. We usually go down to my family's house for Thanksgiving and then stay up here in OKC for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.
So this week I would like to share some of my family's Thanksgiving traditions and recipes. But first ... I am a little behind on reporting all the happenings around here.

Pilgrims and Indians
On Friday morning, I went to Emily's school for the traditional Thanksgiving lunch. Emily went to lunch at 10:30am with the Pre-K and Kindergarten kids. They had turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie squares. All the kids had made either a pilgrim hat or a indian hat. Emily made an indian hat - probably because of the colorful feather.



After lunch, they got to go out on the playground and play for a bit. Of course, Emily had to point out Jaydon to me. He even let me take his picture with Emily. The teacher said that Jaydon is a really good kid, very sweet and courteous. That makes me feel better that she's got some good friends.






While Emily and her class went back to class, I headed out to look a blue shirt for Emily and some Christmas presents. I found a lot of things including a beautiful purple dress but not a blue shirt. It is really hard to find just a plain light blue shirt for a girl. Everything is turquoise or has some kind of design on it.

A Big Star
On Saturday, we celebrated Madison's 10th birthday. All the little girls went over to Nanny's house on Saturday afternoon for a pedicure party then Saturday evening the whole family came over for pizza, salad, and Hannah Montana cake. Madison got a lot of nice gifts. I can't believe she's already 10 years old!



Southern Living

I've been looking at my Southern Living magazine to see what new recipes they might have. They always have SUCH good desserts. I've been looking at the Pumpkin Pie Spectacular which has pecan streudel and maybe the Caramel Pecan Bars. They also had an idea for a tabletop decoration - Caramel Shopping Bags. Anything caramel is good in my book, but that shopping bag they had made was so cute! If only I was so talented. I love my Southern Living magazines!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...