Thursday, May 14, 2009

April Showers et al

April Showers Bring May Flowers.

Something about this classic saying is not working right this year - at least, not in Oklahoma. We had a dry April, but a very wet and rainy May. Someone told me the other day that we had 16 out of 17 days of rain. I don't know about anyone else, but this rain is really wearing me out.


Mother's Day

We had a really nice Mother's Day last weekend. I'd already gotten my presents - my red garden wagon, wind chime, and topsy turvy tomato planter ... along with lots of plants. We went to lunch at Outback Steakhouse with the fam. The food was yummy and we had a good time visiting. We missed Pops though. He was home sick.

After lunch, we went home and took a nap and I'm pretty sure it rained. (See note above.)

Emily probably told me "Happy Mother's Day" 50 times that day and at least once or twice every day since then. She's just the sweetest little girl. I'm soooooooo lucky to have her and I love all her sweet hugs and kisses every day.


All good things must come to an end

Tomorrow is Emily's last day of pre-school this year. They will be having a pizza party. I know she will miss seeing her friends. Her teachers made a book of some of her artwork and papers that she did throughout the year. The book turned out really cute. I'll have to take pictures of some of the pages so that you can see what all she's done.


I hate to admit it, but ...

I hate to admit it, but Emily and I went to see the Hannah Montana movie at the theater a few weeks ago with Nanny, Madison, and Aunt Cherry. I thought it was going to be a bunch of young girls screaming, but I didn't actually hear any screaming or anything. We actually had a pretty good time ... even though it was Hannah Montana. Sad to say, but Emily knows the whole HM theme song and she knows the name of all the characters. Sad ... but true.


Beauty, if only for a day

All of my Stella D'Oro daylilys are full of buds. A few of them will be blooming within the next day or two. I can hardly wait! A few of the other daylily varieties have buds on them too, but none are close to blooming like the Stellas. I am looking forward to documenting my flower garden in pictures this year.


Daffy Daffs

The belated daffodils are still blooming. It's been nice to have such a long season of beautiful sunny yellow blossoms.


Thumping Thieves

Someone or something has been stealing some of the flowers out of my flowerbeds. I mean the whole plants ... just gone. Nowhere to be found. I'm pretty sure it's the bunnies that live under the shed. I just can't figure out why they are not eating the strawberries this year. Maybe they are waiting for the strawberries to ripen!


A Bowl of Fun - Saturday - June 6, 2009
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details ...


Silly Goose

I think this picture needs a name ... what would you call it?? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...