Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day - Dad's Great Advice

Happy Father's Day to the three fathers in my life. This year I get to celebrate with two out of the three and I will miss the third one (my dad) very much!


  • To Mike, my husband - Honey, thank you for being an awesome father to Emily! She loves you so much and you are so good with her. I love to watch you reading stories to her. She really responds to your style and she learns the stories so well. You are always the first one to get down on the floor with her to play Barbies or CandyLand. Happy Father's Day from me and Emily.




  • To Joe, my dad - Happy Father's Day, Dad! I can't wait until you are retired so that we will get to see you more often. We're excited about coming down to visit in a few weeks. I hope you have a great Father's Day.




  • To Gary, my father-in-law - Happy Father's Day! Thank you for raising a wonderful son. You do so much for our family and for that we will always be grateful. Hope you have a nice (and restful) Father's Day.

Dad's Great Advice
It seems like dads always give such great advice. You hear everything from car repair advice to marriage advice. Here are a few of my favorite pieces of fatherly advice:
  • "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" to help us remember which way to turn a screw
  • "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime."
  • "Keep your eye on the ball."
  • "Turn off the lights when you leave a room."
  • And make sure you know how to change a flat tire. You never know when you'll need to do it.
Now it's your turn. What advice did your dad give you? Post a comment and let us all in on the great advice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...