Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spectacular Summer Showing

Emily and I have been busy with our nightly gardening chores.




Emily will often go outside with me to "help".

But sometimes she prefers to hang out inside and watch "Phineas and Ferb" ...



Or "Zack and Cody".


When she comes out with me, I spend a lot of time telling her the names of all the plants ... such as these lovely "Little Grapette" daylilys.




And we talk about how some of the flowers are different than the others ..



Different colors ...





Different shapes ...


Different sizes ...


Different "visitors"


As you can see, we have LOTS of work to do in the evenings.



But it is SO worth it


To be outside enjoying the sunshine ...




Warmth ...




And God's beautiful creations.



Thank you, God, for all the beautiful flowers that You made for us to enjoy. Thank you for giving me a perfect hobby to share with my wonderful daughter. Please show me opportunities to teach her more about You.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW WOW WOW - I thought that I had alot of daylilies, but I think you beat me out with that one : )

They are BEAUTIFUL and I loved seeing them! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more. I have a little Grapette too, but they haven't bloomed yet.

Hugs,
Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...