Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back to School Shopping

This weekend, we started our back to school shopping. In just a few short weeks, Emily will be going to full day Pre-K. She's excited about starting back to school and I'm excited for her, but why is it so hard on me?

Emily picked out a Barbie backpack and a butterfly lunch box. It was such a special time to be able to go with her and help her look through all the selections and pick out the items she'll be using at school.


We printed off the school supply list for Emily's school. Soon, we'll go to the store to get all the boxes of crayons, markers, pencils and scissors that she'll need. We'll buy a nap mat, headphones, baby wipes, plastic baggies and playdoh too. And that's not all!

I remember how much I enjoyed back to school time when I was a young girl. (Yes, it's true!) It was so fun to get all my new school supplies and look them over and organize them and think about where everything would go.

It's unbelievable how much goes into this school thing. I am fully prepared to sign up to be one of the homeroom mothers. It will be hard to manage that while working full-time, but I think it's worth it. I have to do what's best for my family. That's the only way I know how to do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...