Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rhyme Time

During bedtime the last few nights, Emily and I have been talking about words that rhyme. I don't recall how we got onto this subject, but I started making Dr. Seuss-type rhymes. Sorta nonsensical, but totally hilarious to Emily.



I kept trying to get her to give me a rhyme. I would say "paper" and she would make up "palinety". I would say "salt" and she would say "pepper". I would say "finger" and she would say "finkle!" And so on and so forth.



So tonight, we were making up body part rhymes. She said "eyes" and I said "surprise!" She said "hair" I said "bear!" Then I tried to turn it around ... I said "chin" and she said "win!" She's finally catching on to our little game.



Dr. Seuss is the master of the rhyme. One of my favorite Seuss books is "There's a Wocket in My Pocket!" I'm so glad I don't have a noothgrush on my toothbrush or a zillow on my pillow! The Seuss books are such classics. We have a bunch of the smaller ones and then a few of the big ones like "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish."






So I was wondering ... Which Dr. Seuss books do you have? Which ones would you recommend for small kids?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...