Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrity, Music, and Water

Well today was the big day. This morning bright and early, Mike and I headed out of town for a few days of vacation. We headed east to Memphis, TN. Mike did most of the driving, but I did take a little turn later in the afternoon. I think I scared Mike a little bit so now he is the designated driver. In my own defense, I did deliver us safely to our destination! Truth be told, I am more than happy to give over the control of the vehicle to him.



After we got in to town, we went to have dinner with the Neelys. You know the Neelys, right? Hosts of "Down Home with the Neelys" on Food Network? Friends of Paula Deen? Turns out their restaurant is fairly close to our hotel. We didn't see anyone famous, but the food was very good. We shared a sampler platter and they brought out a ton of food! Mike really really really liked the potato salad. He said the BBQ sauce was not as good as Head Country.



I was more concerned about the service ... or lack thereof. I was beginning to wonder if we would EVER get our check so that we could leave. Mike quipped that they were trying to keep us inside the restaurant as long as possible so that they could take everything out of our car. I will admit that the sign out front did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

"Neelys Bar-B-Que is not responsible for any items left in vehicles. Customers are responsible for securing any valuables. Please lock all doors. Thank you, Management."


After dinner, we went looking around for a movie theater. We found one close to our hotel that looked pretty nice. It was a quiet night, as you would expect on a Wednesday night. One other person was in the theater with us, but he was gone by the time the movie was over. What movie? Oh, we went to see Pelham 123 (not sure of the exact title .. something similar to that). It was a pretty good movie. I would give it three stars ... mostly for star power. It had Denzel and Travolta in it. How can you go wrong with that pair?

We're not sure what we will find to do tomorrow, but we are having a good time so far. Have you ever been to Memphis? What activities and/or restaurants do you recommend?

1 comment:

Jon Scott said...

Like Memphis?

Check out http://www.AllMemphisMusic.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...