Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you all had a happy and safe Fourth of July.

We had a good one. This morning, my mom was kind enough to meet us in Paris, TX to pick up Emily for "Farm Week 2009". This is the week where all the Hughes grandkids (all three of them) meet at Grandmother and Grandaddy's house for fun in the sun and lots of hugs!

Mom told me today that she was going to try to post pictures on her blog "every night". You can go here - Our Family Connect - to see what the kids are up to this week. I can't wait to see! I didn't cry or even get teary when Grandmother and Emily drove off this afternoon, but it is always hard for me. Emily is just so sweet and I'm her mother. I want to be there for her if she needs me - at all, for anything.

When we got back home, we went over to hang out with Mike's family for a while. A line of heavy thunderstorms was headed our way so we did not stay long. Long enough to get some (err, too much) good food though!

Mike and I have some other things planned this week, but more on that later ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...