Sunday, July 26, 2009

4-Layer Delight

Last night, Emily helped me make 4-Layer Delight. We didn't plan to cook together. The opportunity just sorta presented itself so we took full advantage of it. I must say the result turned out really good. It was delicious.

I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys. Here goes ...



4-Layer Delight

Layer 1: 1 cup flour, 1 stick margarine (melted), 1/2 cup nuts, chopped. Press into greased pan. Bake 325 degrees for 25 mins.

Layer 2: 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 large bowl whipped topping. Mix and pour into cooled crust.

Layer 3: 2 small boxes instant pudding, 3 cups milk. Mix together and chill.

Layer 4: Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with nuts or cocoa, if desired. Chill before serving.



I make mine the "lower fat" way - just substitute in equal amounts "lite" whipped topping, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and 1% milk. I have tried using lower fat margarine in the crust, but it doesn't really work so I stick with regular margarine.

I was going to take a picture of the final product, but we ate it for breakfast. Not all of it, but it just doesn't seem right to take a picture of half-eaten food.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ha! I can't believe you ate it for breakfast!!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

Haha! Yes! It has to be at least as healthy as Pop-Tarts, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...