Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Recap and More Snow

Mike's mom and dad brought Emily home on Christmas evening. I think she was glad to be home. She immediately went inside and checked out everything that Santa left. She wanted to see if he ate any goodies - and he did. He also left a note for Emily saying that he was sorry he missed her.

After Nanny and Pops left, we all sat down and opened the gifts that Santa left for us. Emily got a Nintendo DSi, in pink, of course. She also got some games for it, a couple books, a Perfection game, an Uno Moo game, a baby doll, and some other things that I can't recall right now. I think Emily was very happy with the things that Santa left for her.

Mike got a laptop, a new electric razor, an OU t-shirt, and a few other things.

Santa brought me a Kindle e-book reader, a cover and book light for my Kindle, some bubble bath (my faves!) and some other fun things.

Santa was good to all of us this year!

After we opened presents, we had a non-traditional Christmas supper - BBQ meatballs with cheesy rice. I think I prefer the traditional Christmas dinner - turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes, hot buttery rolls and more!

On Saturday, we got out and went over to Mike's parents house for the traditional Christmas lunch with the family. After lunch, we did a white elephant gift exchange. Mike got some Christmas mugs, Emily got a small candle, and I got a large pink croco purse/bag. As you can see, it was a lot of fun.

On Sunday after church, we went back over to Mike's parents house to open presents with his family. We normally do this on Christmas Eve, but of course we were snowed out.

It was a busy and unusual Christmas weekend, but we are so thankful to have family close and so thankful that we were able to spend time with them.

This weekend, we'll go down to celebrate Christmas with my family. Lets just hope the weather holds out! We're getting a couple inches more snow tonight on top of all the snow that is left over from the Christmas Eve blizzard. I have had enough snow! I am ready for some warmer weather and some sunshine!


At least we're headed SOUTH in a few days. Hopefully it will be warmer down there.

Hoping ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...