Thursday, February 3, 2011

Braving the Elements

Today was the day that we decided to brave the elements and get out of the house to go to work.

Mike was not sure his work was going to be open today. He has to call a recorded message to find out what's going on. But the message is not updated until about 6am. So he called and found out they were opening a couple hours later.

The roads were bad, but they were not terrible. I did not really have any major problems. The traffic was slow and there was a tiny bit of slipping and sliding but it was okay. I took the kids over to Nanny and Poppa's house and then headed on to work.

My desk at work overlooks an intersection on a very busy street. All day I was watching people get their cars and trucks stuck in the snow drifts and in the intersections.

Between the stuck vehicles and the ambulances and firetrucks that race by a dozen times a day, I felt like my eyes were focused out the window most of the day.

I was glad to be out of the house though. I was glad I could make it back to work because I was really falling behind being home for two days at the beginning of the month.

And the bad news? We might get more snow early next week!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...