Monday, April 19, 2010

What's in a Name?

Mike and I have been discussing names for our little bundle of joy. We don't agree on much, but I think we agree that choosing a name for a boy is much harder than choosing a name for a girl. Of course, I already had my short list of girl names. Luckily, Mike liked the name Emily and so that was an each choice for us.

When we found out that we needed a boy name, we were a little less prepared. I didn't have any boy names that I just loved. Mike liked Biblical name, but he liked a lot of them. We had talked about a few names for several weeks, but we couldn't really agree on anything. Mike would read long lists of names and I would rate them Yes, No, or Maybe. I had a lot of No's, some Maybe's and a few Yes's just to be funny.

We did eventually find a name that we both liked. It was one of the names that we liked early on, but we just had to be sure it was the right name.

So what's his name? His name is Noah Michael S. We love it! It's a good strong name.

We've decided to decorate his room in a Noah's Ark theme. It may be a little cliche, but we think it will be perfect for him. I wanted to decorate Emily's room in a Noah's Ark theme, but I could never find the right bedding. I ordered some bedding online this weekend and will post pictures in a few weeks when it's delivered.

This weekend, we went to Hallmark and found a baby book with Noah's Ark on it. What a surprise! We went ahead and bought the baby book and a brag book. Then we got home and Mike was looking online and found a Noah's Ark baby book that we both liked much better. So the Hallmark one will be going back to the store next weekend. Can't wait to show that to you too.

So many decisions, so many choices, so many cute things!

3 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the name Noah. It has always been one of my favorite boy names. Can't wait to see the bedding and the baby book.

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

Thank you! We love it too. Can't wait for him to get here ... except, ya know, not yet because I'm not ready and he's not big enough!

Heather said...

I am so ready for baby Noah to get here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...