Sunday, August 20, 2017

Back to School

School started for my cool kids on Friday. We had such a fun summer that it's going to take some time to get used to our new schedules.

Emily is at the junior high now and she leaves for school super early. The bus comes by at 6:45am. This weekend, I got Emily her own alarm clock so that she can wake up as early as she needs to wake up. Tomorrow will be our first test so we'll see how it goes.

I didn't manage to get a picture of Emily on her first day of school because of how early she left, but maybe she'll let me snap a quick pic one day this week.


After Emily leaves for the bus stop, I plan to go ahead and get my walk/run done for the day. By the time I get back home, it will be time for Mike to leave for work and Noah to wake up for the day. Noah's bus doesn't come until 8:40am so we have plenty of time to have breakfast together and then he can work on his daily reading before school. 

We're all going to have to make adjustments, but I think it's going to be a good year for both kids. Noah got a teacher that I met when I went to Camp Classen with Emily a couple years ago. She seems like she's going to be a good fit for Noah. He's so happy to go to school every day and I hope that excitement is something that continues for him.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...