Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me! Monday




  • I did not walk in to work using my child's Dora The Explorer umbrella this morning because I could not find mine and it was raining cats and dogs outside. I would be waaaaaay too embarrassed to be seen at work with a bright pink umbrella like that.



  • My child did not put stickers on her dad's jacket and then let him wear it to work. Of course, I have told her 100 times that she can ONLY put stickers on her own paper.



  • The waitress at our favorite Chinese restaurant did NOT tell us what we were going to order for our meals and drinks before we even said anything. We have obviously been going there too much lately and we obviously won't be going back any time soon. Check please!



  • Deep down, I do not think that all Ice Cream Truck drivers are child molesters or serial killers. I do not cringe and run into the house whenever I see them or hear their creepy music. (I apologize if this offends anyone. If there are any nice and decent ice cream truck drivers out there, I am SURE I would like to know about it.) I was going to add this to the 15 Random Things About Me, but I decided against it.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Wandered over from MckMama's.

My husband and I used to have a Chinese restaurant like that. He got it so often that the first time he tried to order take out for the two of us they wouldn't let him order. "No, you always beef and broccoli, no chicken fried rice." Eventually they warmed up to me too and gave me my rice, plus our server cried when we told her we were moving and wouldn't be in anymore.

P.S. Grace Like Rain is my favorite song ever. I blogged about it once, it's in my archives somewhere...

Mrs. Valente said...

Oooohhh...I am so wishing I had not just read this post. I am going to be craving Chinese food all day now!;)

Pam D said...

I can relate to all your not me's, but especially the stickers! My boy is 8 and STILL wants to put stickers on the window of the van. At least now he asks, and I can firmly tell him "no!". And threaten him with having to lick them off if he puts them on there again....

Kameron said...

I always get a creepy vibe from ice cream trucks too! I won't ever let my kiddos go to them alone!!

Lisa said...

Now you know that you are probably not the only one that has used their child's umbrella before. I can totally see you hopping over top of puddles and dodging rain drops while holding the Dora umbrella. I bet that was funny!! Oh and I am so not too fond of ice cream trucks either (freaky).

Anonymous said...

I can't say I understand the umbrella thing. What if you didn't have one with you at all? The worst that happens is you get wet.

Marner Family said...

I walked into my hair salon with my son's spiderman umbrella ... so not funny when a few elite customers looked at me like I had a screw loose! Better than walking in wet! I would do it again. -b

Liz said...

ohhh are there is such things as adult umbrella's... ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...