Friday, January 2, 2009

2,009 Reasons to be Thankful

Seriously? You seriously thought I was going to list 2,009 reasons to be thankful on my blog?

And where would I find the kind of time it would take to list 2,009 reasons? I'm at work today, ya know!

Although I will not be listing them all on my blog, I do have at least 2,009 reasons to be thankful at the start of this new year.

Looking back on 2008, I had plenty of reason to be thankful last year as well. I wish I could do a "Year in Pictures" post, but I don't pictures of a lot of things that we did. I'm really bad about remember when things happened and this is yet another reason to start using that new calendar that I bought this week!

As I was sitting here reflecting on 2008, I tried to come up with a list of memorable events in 2008.
  • Our nephew, Carter, was born to my brother and sister-in-law in February.
  • My sister, Heather, married her long-time boyfriend, Stephen, in a beautiful ceremony in March in our hometown.
  • My parents put their farm up for sale.
  • Emily had her 3rd birthday in June, complete with a big celebration at Orr Family Farm.
  • Mike's dad turned 60 in July.
  • Mike and I joined the church.
  • Mike was baptized in July.
  • Emily started AWANA Cubbies and I became a Cubbies leader.
  • Emily started gymnastics classes.
  • Mike got a promotion at his work.
  • I got a promotion at my work.
I feel like I'm leaving some things out, but those are the things I thought of this morning. Isn't God awesome? He has done so many great things for us in 2008. I can hardly wait to see what's in store for us in 2009.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It is definitely nice to sit back and reflect on that past year. You definitely have alot to be thankful for and what a great year it was for you all in 2008. I bet you can't wait to see what God has in store for you in 2009.

God truly is an AWESOME God!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...