Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!!!!

Okay, maybe "Snow Day" is the wrong term. Maybe it's more like "Ice Day!!!"

Mike and I both stayed home from work today because of all the ice/sleet/snow that we've received since Monday. Emily spend the night at Nanny and Papa's house. She was over there when the roads started to get bad and it would have been too dangerous to go and get her. They were gracious enough to let her spend the night last night and again tonight. She enjoys staying over there and they enjoy having her. At last check, she was watching Cinderella.


I have enjoyed the quiet day at home. I got to sleep in for a change (until almost 10am!) We played some Wii games. I did my Wii Fit for a bit. I cooked some spaghetti and meatballs and a pan of brownies. Yum!

I'm not sure if I'll go to work tomorrow or not. It depends on what the roads look like in the morning. I'm guessing it will still be pretty bad out there, but we'll see.

So... since I have some spare time tonight, I thought I would type up a little Blog lesson. (Experienced blog readers can stop reading here!)

Comments

At the bottom of each blog post is a section that tells the number of comments the post has received. If you click on the number, it will take you to another screen which shows all the comments that have been posted. If you scroll down, you will see a place where you can enter your comments.


You have several options on ways that you can identify yourself when you post a comment
  • Google/Blogger - * Recommended (see below)
  • Open ID
  • Name/URL - Type in your first name
  • Anonymous - Nothing required, but it would be nice if you'd type your name after your comment so that I'll know it was you.
I recommend that you set up a Google/Bloggger account. You can sign up using your existing email address. Just click on "Google/Blogger" and then on "Sign Up". Enter your own email address and make up a new password. You'll get an email asking you to confirm your email address and that you requested the Google Account. Just click the link in the email and you're all set.

Just a side note ... there are a lot of other things you can do with a Google account besides commenting on blogs. You can also post or share picture on PicasaWeb or set up a shared calendar and more! All with the same account using the same email address that you always use.



What's the deal with those Word Verifications?

You know the ones .. where you have to type the words that are hard to read. Those are to verify that you are, in fact, human and not a computer program designed to "spam" the system with inappropriate messages or advertisements. Don't worry if you key the word wrong ... it will give you a new word and you can try again.

Well I hope this little lesson helps explain a few things about blogs. You can always email me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Gotta love the ice. We had freezing rain all night and now the snow is coming down like crazy!! We are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow on top of that. Love love love this weather!!

Stay safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...