Friday, January 16, 2009

Purse, Penguin and Prayer Requests

My new purse was delivered today. I'd been to the store to check the price on it every weekend since Christmas and it was never on sale enough for me to be willing to buy it. Last weekend, I found it on sale online and ordered it using a click-through from Ebates.com (If you haven't signed up, do it now!) which earned me 8% cash back. Then I found another website online that was even cheaper than where I ordered it and so I cashed in on the 110% Price Match Guarantee and got a $30 credit! Woo! I also got a $10 coupon for using the Price Match service so I went back and ordered a checkbook wallet. I wish they had another color besides green, but I like all the pockets and card slots and compartments.



Penguin

Emily brought a cute penguin thermometer home from school today. I think it's very cute! Emily doesn't seem too upset that her best friend is not in her preschool class any more. I told her that we'll still see her at Sunday School and Cubbies. She seemed fine with that.



Prayer Requests

Two blogger ladies that I have been following had babies this week and BOTH babies had breathing problems and they were BOTH flown by helicopter to Arkansas Childrens Hospital in Little Rock.

Both babies are very serious and the families are having a hard time. This is the first baby for both families. Please visit their sites and PRAY!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice purse and wallet. The thermometer is too cute... I could use one right now to check our temps here. They should be in the - 20's tonight (Brrr....cold)

Keeping both families and babies in my prayers. I have been following their stories too!!

Anonymous said...

How do you like your new purse? I hope it's awesome! I think it's really cute!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

I like my new purse a lot. I got the "small shopper" instead of the big one but I still have plenty of room for my stuff. I think the straps are a tiny bit too short when I'm wearing jackets and stuff, but I think I will get used to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...