Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our First Fundraiser

A couple weeks ago, we participated in our first fundraiser at Emily's school. We sold Blue & Gold Sausage, but only to ourselves. With everything else going on, I just didn't feel like we could do more than that right now.

Our Blue & Gold was delivered to the school today. Mike's mom and dad were nice enough to pick up our order. Mike stopped by the store and picked up a few other items that we needed and we cooked breakfast for supper.

We had biscuits with sausage gravy, fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage patties and thick cut bacon (also a Blue & Gold item). I didn't care much for the gravy, but Mike said it had a good flavor. I also overcooked the bacon a bit, but it was still pretty good.


Home Room Mother

This week, we also got an email from Emily's teacher thanking someone else for "agreeing" to be the home room mother. I will admit that I was a little disappointed since I expressed interest in doing that on Meet the Teacher Night back in August and nothing had been said about it since then. Oh well, I will still be there and I will still help. I think it's just a rookie parenting expectation that turn out the way I had hoped.


More Firsts

It looks like October is shaping up to be a busy month for us. We have a preschool Sunday School carnival at church. Then we have fall break then our first field trip at school followed by our first parent/teacher conference. We also have our first school party of the year and a fall carnival at the school AND a fall carnival at church.


Last, but Not Least ...

And last, but very importantly, Emily and I will be going to visit my sister one weekend in October. It's our annual Girls Weekend and shopping trip. Emily and I are very excited to be going to spend some time with my sister and brother-in-law and my mom.


October has not even started and I'm already exhausted! Ha!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay!! I am so excited about your trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...