Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Mike!

I mentioned the other day that yesterday was Mike's birthday. After we dropped Emily off at school, Mike and I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Eggs have a way of making me feel sick these days so I had some biscuits and gravy. Mike had the works!

After breakfast, we tried to run some errands but a lot of stores do not open until about 10am. We did pick up a few things before heading back home (to rest).

I got my hair cut in the afternoon and then took a nap before going to pick up Emily from school.

It was the 100th day of school at Emily's school. The Pre-K class had a 100th Day of School Party where they got to eat 100 items for snack. While Emily did eat almost all of her snack in the car after school, I think she was more excited about the 10 little cups that her snacks came in. She is still carrying those things around and wanting to eat or drink out of them.

So after we picked Emily up from school, we decided to take Mike to The Cheesecake Factory for supper. We got there early before it got too busy. Emily and I shared some (burnt) meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Mike had chicken fettuccine alfredo. Then, of course, we had cheesecake. Emily and I had the dulce du leche cheesecake and Mike had the Oreo cheesecake. Yum!

Emily and I made Mike a homemade birthday card and got him two dress shirts (and, of course, the printer.)

Today was Mike's "official" birthday party at Toby Keith's. We got a table upstairs and did lots of visiting and eating. Mike's mom made him a homemade German Chocolate cake and it was sooooo sooooo good. Luckily, we got to bring home the leftovers. I ate too much at lunch (even though I gave away half of my steak sandwich) so I have not gone in for seconds on the cake yet.

I'm thinking that the German Chocolate cake may be breakfast in the morning. But I still have a lot of my cheesecake from last night left too. I will be so torn in the morning. And if I'm feeling sick at all in the morning, I'll probably opt for toast instead of either of those anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time celebrating Mike's birthday!!!! and yes, the cake was so gooooood.

Love to all,
Aunt Charlene

PS I finally figured out how to post comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...