Sunday, January 17, 2010

Two Naps and Naps for Two

This weekend has been fairly uneventful for us. We had a lot that we wanted to accomplish around the house, including getting all the Christmas items put away. Saturday was a rainy and dreary day, but we did get out and run some errands. We did not get Christmas put away though.

This morning Emily and I got up and went to Sunday School. Mike was not feeling well so he stayed home. After Sunday School, we came home because I was really sleepy. I could hardly keep my eyes open. When we got home, we found that Mike had been working on taking down the Christmas tree. After thanking him profusely, I told him that I was going to have to lay down for a bit.

I crawled in bed and fell asleep almost immediately. After sleeping for about 45 minutes, I felt like I could crawl back out of bed and face the day again. I got up and fixed lunch and then it was time for Emily's nap. She played around in her room and got up a couple times. It took her about an hour to settle down and go to sleep. But soon after she went to sleep, I fell asleep again in my recliner.

Two naps in one day is definitely unusual for me, but it felt sooooo good. After nap time, we did get up and finish putting away the Christmas items. Now we're going to move on to organizing the office/spare bedroom. That needs to be done pretty badly, but it is a huge huge job. But better to work on it now than in a few months when I'm further along in my pregnancy.

Tomorrow, Mike and Emily get to stay home together for the federal holiday, but I have to go to work. I know they will have a lot of fun working in that office. Don't you think they will? I hate that I have to work and am not able to stay and spend the day with them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's no fun when some people get off for the holiday and you don't. I did not appreciate having to go to work today either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...