Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sugar Plum

Many of you may not know this, but I like to call Emily "Sugar Plum". One night before Christmas, I told her that I hoped she had visions of sugar plums dancing in her head while she slept.

The next morning, she mysteriously had some "sugar plums" in the pocket of her pajamas. She gave those to me and I kept them with me all day.

Every morning since then, Emily has had sugar plums in her pajama pockets for me. Many days, there are hundreds of them! But now the sugar plums are getting silly. Sometimes they are dirty and need a bath. Sometimes they get lost. You just never know what's going to happen with the sugar plums in the morning.

Today, my sugar plum is not feeling well. I got a call from the school around 11am that she was running a fever. Mike went to pick her up and then rested in the living room all afternoon. She threw up one time. I hope it does not turn out to be a long night for us. Either way, I will stay home with her tomorrow.

It is supposed to be a very cold day tonight and tomorrow. The biggest school district in our area has already cancelled classes for the rest of the week due to the cold temperatures. So far, no word from Emily's school. She probably won't be there the rest of the week in any case.

Well, Emily's calling for me so I better run!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...