Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kindergarten Begins

So today was Emily's first day of Kindergarten. It's hard to believe that I have a child old enough to be in Kindergarten now.

We prepared as much as we could last night before we went to bed. Emily picked her first day outfit (with a bit of guidance from Mom) and we discussed options for our lunch box. We did anything we could think of to help the first morning go smoothly.

Thankfully, Daddy was home to help us this morning. He fixed breakfast for Emily and helped her with her clothes.

Even though Noah's schedule was not the best, we were able to make it to school on time. Emily was a bit hesitant when we got to her classroom. I was a little worried about her, but then she went up to her teacher and gave her a big hug. Mrs. B said "Thank you, that's just what I needed this morning!" And I knew the would be fast friends.

I think it was just a bit of first day jitters combined with the fact that she really enjoys staying home with mom and baby brother. When we were getting ready to leave, her dad gave her the I Love You sign and she made sort of a sad face. But when we went to pick her up, she said "Mama, I love Kindergarten."


Here are some pictures of Emily on her first day of Kindergarten. I don't know why I didn't think to have her put on her backpack. That would have been perfect.



And, seriously, I did not know her hair looked this bad close up. I swear I had my contact lenses in when I fixed her hair this morning. She is still a beautiful girl though! (Aunt Heather, check out her shoe choice! We need to go shoe shopping this weekend so that we won't get the silver sparkle shoes messed up at school.)



This afternoon, we had a visit from Aunt Charlene, Kim, Brynlee and Sarah. They stopped by to love on baby Noah a little bit. Kim, it was great to see you! It was nice to be able to chat with someone who's been in a similar situation. Can't wait until the next time you come to visit.


Tomorrow is the second day of Kindergarten and Noah has his two-week doctor's appointment in the morning. It's going to make our schedule even more difficult, but we'll make it work somehow. I am very glad that Mike is going to be home with us again tomorrow. It just makes things run so much smoother when he's here.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...