Sunday, August 1, 2010

Last Weekend as a Family of Three

Even though the weather was not cooperating, we really wanted to spend our weekend having fun as a family of three. It was so so hot!

On Saturday, we wanted to go to Andy Alligator's Fun Park with Emily. We told her that we could go after she took a nap, but ... she had to take a nap. And, as luck would have it, she did not take a nap. Not even a little one.

We were SO disappointed that we didn't get to go to Andy Alligator's. We ended up staying home most of the day. I just did not think I would be able to handle the heat.

Then on Sunday, we got up and went to Sunday School. This was our last week with our current group of kids because they will all promote to the four-year-old class next week. We will get our new group of three-year-olds next week, but I will be in the hospital so I won't get to see them for several weeks.

After church, went to lunch at Ted's with the family. We had a good time visiting with everyone. And the food was good, as usual.

After lunch, we headed home for our nap. Emily did much better at nap time today. I think she only came out of her room once. That's still a no-no, but it's better than it has been recently.

I think I went to sleep in about 5 minutes and slept for an hour and a half. It was a great nap after a very long and unsettled night.

At our house, we have been counting down the days until Noah comes. Today we have five days left. Every morning, we have to check the wipe board to see how many we have left. We asked Emily how many days we would have left tomorrow and it is so cute to see her mind working to count backwards to figure out how many more days. She is really excited to meet her new baby brother. I hope that feeling lasts after he gets here! I keep stressing the fact that once he gets here, he'll live with us "forever" and we won't be sending him back. Ha!

Guest Blogger

I forgot to mention that I've lined up a guest blogger to post some pictures and tell about our experience in the hospital. The guest blogger's identity is a secret, but I know they will do a great job! Stay tuned to find out who it is.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I guess that means I wasn't chosen to be the guest blogger. :(

I can't believe you're having a baby in 4 days!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

You can be a guest blogger on my blog any time you'd like. I would probably have a lot more readers if you would post every now and then! Ha!

I can't believe I'm having a baby in 4 days either. Can't wait for you and Stephen to get here. And hopefully this time I'll realize and REMEMBER that you are there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...