Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bake Sale Goodies

Mike's work is having a bake sale this week to benefit one of his co-workers that is going through a long and difficult illness.  We have been fixing a few little treats for the bake sale.

Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops


Just shove a lollipop stick into the middle of Double Stuff (this is key!) Oreos, dip in melted chocolate, and decorate as desired.

I got all my lollipop sticks and little baggies at Hobby Lobby.  The sprinkles and colored sugars came from Hobby Lobby as well.  I found the little sugar hearts at Wal-mart.  Disappointingly, the baggies did not come with twist ties.  But surprisingly, I found a bunch of twist ties in a drawer in my kitchen. I ran out of those and had to tie ribbons on some of the pops though.

The hardest part of this project was getting the sticks into the middle of the Oreos without breaking them.  I broke the first 7 or 8 cookies.  I tried microwaving them to make the cream softer.  Didn't help.

I finally Googled this problem and someone suggested to open up each cookie, dig out a little channel in the cream filling for the stick and then use some white chocolate as a "glue" to hold the stick between the two cookies.  This worked! I still broke a few more cookies getting them apart, but it was not too bad.






Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Hearts


I just happened to run across these marshmallow hearts at the grocery store this weekend.  They ended up being a lot easier than the Oreos.  It was super easy to put the stick into the marshmallows and super easy to dip.



Emily helped me decorate the marshmallow hearts.  I think they turned out super cute.  I bet they will sell well at the bake sale.



Peanut Butter Cookie Cups

These peanut butter cookie cups are sort of my go-to baked item.  They are very easy to make and are a little different than a normal cookie.  So far I've made 8 dozen of these for the bake sale.


Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night to make another thing or two.  We'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Teresa (Mom, Aunt, etc) said...

I'm impressed!!!! Come to my house next.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so yummy!!

Nanny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...