Friday, February 9, 2018

2018 Winter Olympics

Hey!  How are you? Has anybody been watching the Winter Olympics?

We've recorded the opening ceremony to watch with the kids and we watched some figure skating and skiing last night. I think international events like the Olympics offer a lot of opportunities to talk to the kids about things that are going on in the world or things that have happened in the past. Did you see that North and South Korea marched in the opening ceremony together? Hopefully that's a sign of peace between the nations.

I've been trying to think of some Olympic treats and snacks and crafts to do with the kids and my Sunday School kids.

Cute Little Snowman Skiers


I love these little snowman skiers for a cute kids craft/snack combo. I might have to pull that out for Sunday School in a week or two but I don't think I'd be able to let the kids put them together. I'd probably have to do it all in advance.

I think these cheetos torches are super cute, too. I think the kids would get a kick out of the ice cream cones and cheetos. But would they recognize a torch? Do kids even know what that is?

These Olympics cookies with M&M candies are really simple and fun. I think I could let the kids spread their own frosting and put the M&Ms on them.

What are you doing to celebrate the Olympic games this winter?


What's your favorite winter sport?

Any predictions on the USA medal count? In the 2014 Winter Olympics, USA had 28 medals. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...