Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Does it work? Space Bags

This evening, I worked on organizing Emily's closet. I filled three LARGE Space Bags with some of her clothes that she's outgrown. Then I used the vacuum cleaner hose to suck all the air out of the bags.


The first bag, I heard some air whistling out as soon as I finished it. I pushed the plastic plug more firmly into the sucker hole part thingie. (I have no idea what that part is called, really!) The whistling stopped so I moved on to the next bag.

The second bag, I immediately heard some air whistling out of it as well. The plug seemed to be solid so I checked the zip top on the bag and one of the corners seemed to be leaking air. I opened the bag up and then re-zipped the top then re-sucked the air. The whistling stopped so I moved on to the third bag.

The third bag, I sucked the air out and heard nothing. Success at last!

So I stored all three bags flat under the bed with the plug facing up. What are the chances that the bags will still be flattened and sealed in the morning?

Have you ever used Space Bags? If so, what was your experience?

See my follow-ups to this story:

Space Bags Update - Day 1

Space Bags Update - Day 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...