Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a weekend!

This weekend, we went to visit my parents. We all had a really good time.

We did quite a bit of fishing while we were there. Our goal was to catch them out of their farm pond and move them to the pond at their new house. We caught some bass and a few bream on Saturday morning.

On Saturday night, we fished for catfish. We threw out some catfish food and watched a whole bunch of them suddenly appear at the bank of the pond. It was a sight to see. After we got them all rounded up, we just put out some hooks and waited for them to bite. None of us know exactly how many fish we carried over to the new pond, but we got several.

Next time, I think we're going to get a big net and just scoop them up. I don't know if it will work, but it sounds like a good idea. I think we should also look into something that I saw on TV once. Not sure exactly how it works, but if you see it on TV it's got to be true ... they somehow electrified the water and the fish were temporarily incapacitated and floated to the top. I'm thinking that might be worth looking into. We could just go out with a big net and scoop up the big ones.

I'll try to post some pictures from our trip soon.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm still waiting to see the pictures.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...