Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whew!

This week, we have a break from Cubbies due to spring break. To tell you the truth, I'm really glad for this break. I really needed one. I love being a Cubbies leader, but sometimes it's nice to get a break and enjoy a nice evening at home.


I'm sure the Cubbies will have all kinds of stories to tell next week though. They normally do have a lot to say. The other week, one of them told us that her mommy was trying to get her a baby sister. Whoops!


I know that Emily is missing Cubbies this week too. Any time I ask her if she knows what we're going to do today, she'll say "Go to Cubbies?"


I hope all the Cubbies are having a good week off and are hopping and happy to come back next week.


Double Whew!


We got our yard sprayed for weeds today. I hope it's perfect timing because it's supposed to rain a bit over the next few days. I was glad they didn't spray any of my flowers. I will admit that I was a bit worried about that. I'm glad they came out and sprayed because I was afraid the weeds were going to take over. Whew! Thanks John!



Triple Whew!


I'm on vacation the rest of the week! Emily and I are going to hang out and play tomorrow. Then on Friday, we're all going to go down to Magnolia to visit my parents. I'm really excited about this. I'm excited about visiting with my parents, but we're also going to go fishing! It's been soooooooo long since I've been fishing and I'm really looking forward to it.


Emily is pretty excited about our trip too. She's been talking about it all week. Every day she asks "Are we going to Grandmother's house TODAY?" No, not today. On FRIDAY. I guess Friday can't get here soon enough.


I hope we have some really nice weather for our trip. That would just be the icing on the cake. Did someone say "icing on the cake"? That reminds me ... I need to remember to take my mom the fluffy white icing for the angel food cake. I bought several boxes for her back at Christmas time because she can't find it in stores around her. Someone remind me before we leave! (By the way, I use Betty Crocker Home Style Fluffy White Frosting.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...