Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I can't watch

I don't think I can watch Part 2 of The Bachelor After the Final Rose tonight. Last night's show was just brutal and I felt like some of it was unrealistic and not genuine.

I did want to clarify that I am not upset with who Jason Mesnick ultimately picked. I liked Melissa just fine, but I like Mollie too. Now .. let me just say .. that I don't believe for a second that they were "just talking" in the tent that night and I think that's really wrong. But other than some things like that, they seem like nice girls. I liked Jillian too. I think they will bring her back as the next Bachelorette.

Again, I'm not upset with who Jason picked, but I am upset with the way some things were handled on the After the Final Rose show last night. I appreciate the fact that ABC got rid of the audience, but I truly feel that a painful breakup like that should not have been televised. And I don't think Jason and Mollie should have been making out just a few minutes after he broke up with Melissa.

I feel bad for Melissa. She seems like a nice girl and I hope she finds a good Christian guy who makes her happy. After all that she has been through with this show, I hope she finds her happily ever after.

I feel bad for Jason Mesnick. I think he's searching for something that's missing in his life. And I don't think he's going to find it in any girl that he meets. Only God can fill that void. Can I get an AMEN?

Well, I must say that it's a bit sad that I've had to resort to blogging about reality television. I like so many of the reality shows .... Big Brother, Dancing With the Stars, The Apprentice, Amazing Race. Some of them are like a bad train wreck, but it's so hard to turn away. And so I watch ... but in my own defense, there are only one or two shows that I try not to miss. Most of the shows I'll watch if I'm home and the TV's available. But there are a couple that I make a point to be home and I'll "schedule" TV time to watch the shows.

Do you watch reality TV shows? Which ones are your favorites?

3 comments:

KSpann said...

AMEN for sure!! I totally agree that what he needs he's not going to find in a lady.

After this season, I don't know how much Bachelor I'll be watching. And it's practically one of the only shows I ever actually watch. I'm bummed that they had to resort to such messed up tactics just for ratings.

I did see the preview of dancing with the stars and it has the little gymnast (Shane something) so I might have to watch that!!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

Yeah Shawn Johnson is so cute. I'll bet she's a pretty good dancer too.

I'm kinda worried about seeing Ty Murray on Dancing with the Stars. I hope he's not as bad as Billy Ray Cyrus.

It will be interesting to see who come out as an early favorite on that show.

Lisa said...

I must admit that I was disappointed in the Bachelor as well. I have heard that it was all staged from the beginning. That it was in his contract that he had to break up with a his gal that he picked on national television. I knew this would happen because I saw it on the net in a spoiler. I am just irritated that ABC would do that for ratings (ya know). I just always thought that Melissa would be a better Mom for Ty or maybe I should say mesh a little bit better with him then Molly would.

The good news is that Jillian is going to be the next Bachelorette because they announced that last night : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...