Sunday, October 18, 2009

Way Behind and A(nother) Busy Week

I'm sorry to admit that I'm way behind on blog updates. I still need to tell you about my new gift to myself, my new project, and my fall flowers.

But I'm not going to talk about any of those things. Instead, I'm going to talk about colors. My little Emily loves to color. I bought her a box of 48 crayons this weekend and she has been busy coloring ever since. Scratch that .. WE have been busy coloring ever since. She likes to sit up on the arm of my chair and we color together.

I have tried to get her to keep the crayons in the box when not in use, but so far that has not happened. I have been finding them stuck down the side of my chair, on the floor, in my purse ... you get the idea.


Football Saturday

In case you didn't know, this weekend was the Red River Rivalry/OU-Texas weekend. We chose not to go down to Dallas, but we had a party at home instead. We ate Little Smokies, tortilla roll-ups, chips and Ro-tel dip, and coconut cream pie. Yum!

After lunch, Emily and I took a nap and so Football Saturday was over for us. Not for Mike, of course.


More Firsts

This week, we're going to have more "Firsts" at Emily's school. We'll have our first Field Trip to the punkin' patch followed by our first Parent-Teacher Conference. In many ways, I feel very unprepared for all these new firsts in the world of school children. Who am I to be making decisions for another human being? Me, and only by the grace of God!

I know we're going to have a blast though!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...