Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heaven

I don't know if you knew, but it was a rainy, dark and dreary day around these parts. I drove to and from work in light drizzle. It was cold and wet and gloomy.

After I picked up the kids and got them buckled into the car, I walked around to the drivers side of the car and thought to myself "Come quickly, Lord Jesus." I don't know why. That's just what crossed mind.

I got in and buckled my seatbelt and the sun suddenly started shining SO brightly. It was just blinding light out to the west. It was shocking. I thought "Is this it? Is Jesus coming back right this minute?"

I sat there a minute just looking up at the sky. It was bright and beautiful to the west and still dark back to the east. After a minute or so, I decided that Jesus was not coming back right this minute so I better go ahead and drive home.

As I backed out of the driveway, I thought about a bumper sticker I have seen a few times: "In case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned."

If Jesus were to come back tonight, I would be ready. I know that I am going to heaven and I'm ready. What about you? If you have any doubts, I encourage you to get right with God now. Don't wait. Don't wait!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mike said...

Amen Honey! I'm definitely ready for Jesus to come back now. Nice post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...