Friday, March 11, 2011

Red Flag

Today was a red flag fire danger day in Oklahoma. When we got home tonight, there was a police officer blocking our road about a half mile from our house.

The officer told us that there was a fire north of our house. Thankfully, it was moving north away from our house. He let us go on to our house.

When we pulled up, we could see the red glow in the sky. That is not a good feeling even if the fire is moving away from us.

Mike is out in the yard monitoring the situation. I think I am more worried about it than he is, but he is indulging me this one.








This night reminds me of April 9, 2009 when we had that huge wildfire moving toward our house and all that smoke.

Here is my post from two years ago.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...