Friday, September 10, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic

This morning was Grandparents Day at Emily's school. Poppa, Grandmother, Noah and I went to school with Emily for breakfast. They served cinnamon rolls and milk or juice. I didn't get any pictures on my camera so I will have to get some from Grandmother for another night.

This afternoon, I went back to the school to help out in Emily's class with the Teddy Bear Picnic. For the last two weeks, the class has been learning about bears. Emily knows about different kinds of bears, where they live, what they eat, all about hibernation and that baby bears are born in the winter.

So today, the kids got to bring their favorite teddy bear to class for a picnic. Mrs. B asked parents to come early to help put together the snack plates for the picnic. So I got there at the assigned time and there were no other parents.

Mrs. B gave me a general idea of my assignment and sent me to the other kindergarten class to get the supplies. Well, the other teacher apparently went home sick and that class had a substitute who barely knew what was going on.

So Emily and I went into the cafeteria and started putting 30 plates of food together as fast as we could. About 10 minutes later, another mother came to help but she had two little boys running around her and didn't get to help much.

We got some blankets laid out under a big catalpa tree in front of the school and then the kids came out to the picnic. Then we brought the plates of "bear food" out - teddy grahams, goldfish crackers, peanuts and mixed nuts, honey sandwiches, blueberry muffins, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.

After the kids finished their snack, they were all talking and giggling. It was so cute. Then some of the boys got up and started running around the tree and picking up sticks and throwing them. The teachers told them to sit back down on the blankets, but then got distracted with other things. So I told a couple of the boys to go sit down on the blankets. And they looked at me like I was nuts and went back to what they were doing. Guess they showed me!

Here are some pictures from the Teddy Bear Picnic. Hope you enjoy!












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...